DISCOVERY MUSIC FEST PERFORMER SUBMISSION
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MAY 20th, 2013
You will be notified by June 6th if you are selected.
Remember this is an all original, Independent Singer/Songwriter music fest.
No cover songs. We want to hear your music!!
To submit to become a performer at the festival, please e-mail
the following to:
1. Name & contact information
2. Number in your group and instrumentation
3. Web Link to your music
4. A description of yourself and your music
5. Are you submitting for a feature slot or the local showcase?
6. Any other information you would like to share!
Discovery Music Fest Performer Requirements
Please read carefully before submitting.
The Local Showcase 12:00-1:00pm
1. There are 8 single song slots open for this hour.
2. This is a showcase hour of singer/songwriters who may not be able to play a full hour slot, but have original music they would like to share. Songs must be original.
3. Single, duo or trio performers only. Ages 13 and up.
4. The Local Showcase is an unpaid performance, but you will be allowed to sell CD's and merchandise and keep profits. You are responsible for handling your sales. A table will be available to set out your promotional materials as well.
*See below for specific guidelines about submissions.
60 MINUTE FEATURE PERFORMER
1. We have 7 sixty minute time slots we will be booking from 1:00pm to 8:00pm with a 2 hour headliner from 8:00-10:00pm.
2. All songs must be original and written by one or more members of the performing group. No cover songs are allowed at the festival.
3. Groups cannot be more than 3 performers and must be simple acoustic set-ups. No elaborate processors or large drum kits are allowed.
4. You must have a web presence of some kind where we can listen to your music. Preferably a website you control, but Reverbnation, Facebook and other online hosts are acceptable. We want to see that you are serious about your music.
5. This is a family festival so all lyrics must be appropriate for children. No profane lyrics or subject matter deemed inappropriate will be allowed.
6. If you are chosen for a slot, you will be notified by June 6th. We will request a biography, web link and high resolution photo for promotional purposes. You will also be asked to sign a contract and waiver.
7. You will be allowed to sell CD's and merchandise and keep profits. You are responsible for handling your sales. A table will be available to set our your promotional materials as well.
8. Those booked for Feature Slots will receive a small expense stipend as compensation for your performance.
We encourage you to attend, volunteer and support the other musicians and vendors for the entirety of the festival. Part of our mission is to mutually support the artists, art & music education, local vendors and all the wonderful talent we have within our own community. We hope you will join us in striving towards that goal.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at: